Do Thien Anh Tuan is the lecturer of Macroeconomics, Public Sector Economics and Financial Analysis, and Development Finance at the Fulbright School. Previously, Mr. Tuan was a lecturer at the Faculty of Economics, Nong Lam University of Ho Chi Minh City (University of Agriculture and Forestry of Ho Chi Minh City). He holds a Bachelor of Finance - Banking (with honors) and the title of Valedictorian of Graduation Thesis from the Banking University of Ho Chi Minh City. Mr. Tuan joined the Executive Education course at the Harvard University and received the Certificate of Comparative Tax Policy and Administration from the Harvard Kennedy School. His current research focuses on macroeconomic policy, public finance, development finance, and banking system.
In addition to teaching and research at Fulbright School, Mr. Tuan participates in policy discussions and provides consultancy to the Vietnamese Government and National Assembly on issues of economic development policy and reforms in budget and public investment, finance, banking, and SOEs.
- Public Sector Economics
- Financial Analysis
- Development Finance
- Appraisal of Public Investment
- Promoting the Development of Ha Giang Tourism Cluster. A research for Ha Giang Province.
- Restructuring the Ha Giang Budget Towards Efficiency and Sustainability. A research for Ha Giang Province.
- "A Framework for Identifying Key Export Products of Ho Chi Minh City," A research for HCMC Department of Industry and Trade.
- "Is Land Policy a Binding Constraint in Vietnam?" Chairman Professor Ricardo Hausmann. A research funded by USAID.
- "Estimating the costs of the commitment "do not let banks fail": An approach from the Banking Sector Contingent Liabilities Index (BCLI).
- "Building Economic Transformation Map for Vietnam, World Economic Forum, 2018.
- Do Thien Anh Tuan (2013) Financial Modeling, Finance Publishing House, HCMC.
- Do Thien Anh Tuan (2013) Excel Modeling in the financial benefits appraisal, Statistical Publishing House, 3rd edition.
- Do Thien Anh Tuan (2012) The Application of Financial Mathematics, Statistical Publishing House, 2nd edition.
- Do Thien Anh Tuan (2013) Corporate Finance Handbook, Statistical Publishing House, 2013.
- Do Thien Anh Tuan et al. (2008) Interest Rate: The Paradoxes and Consequences. In "Faced with inflation." Young Tre Publishing House, HCMC.
- Do Thien Anh Tuan et al. (2009) Do not Let Policies Conflict. In "Global Economic Crisis and the Vietnam Solutions." Ho Chi Minh General Publishing House, HCMC.
- Vu Thanh Tu Anh, Phan Chanh Duong, Do Thien Anh Tuan et al. (2012) Link to strengthen competitiveness and sustainable development. In Vo Hung Dung (2012) "Mekong Delta Economy 2001-2011." Can Tho University Press.
- Do Thien Anh Tuan, Nguyen Xuan Thanh, Huynh The Du, Huynh Trung Dung (2017) "Intel Product Vietnam: 10 Year Socio-Economic Impact 2006-2016."
- Do Thien Anh Tuan and Nguyen Xuan Thanh (2017) "Vietnam Debt Diagnostics."
- David O. Dapice, Nguyen Xuan Thanh, Vu Thanh Tu Anh, and Do Thien Anh Tuan (2015) "A Retrospective on Past 30 Years of Development in Vietnam." In Vietnam Development Report 2035. Vietnam Government and World Bank 2016.
Academic Conferences & Workshops
- RED Communication (2017) "Public Policy: Experiences and Practices," The Presentation at Red Communication in Can Gio District, HCMC, October 6-8, 2017.
- FETP (2017) "Is the land policy a binding constraint in Vietnam?", The presentation at the FETP, April 20, 2017.
- RED Communication (2016) "Public Policy and Media's Participation", The Presentation at the Red Communication, December 13, 2016.
- FETP (2016) "Estimating the costs of the commitment "do not let banks fail": An approach from the Banking Sector Contingent Liabilities Index (BCLI)," The Presentation at the FETP. HCMC, March 24, 2016.
- CIT (2016) "FTAs - How to pick up the opportunities and overcome the challenges?" The Presentation at the CIT Center of HCMC, June 30, 2016.
- Long An (2016) "How Fascinating Long An is!" The Presentation at the Investment Promotion Conference in Long An, October 17, 2016.
- VP Bank (2016) "Challenges and opportunities of SMEs in the second half of 2016 and early 2017," The Presentation at the VP Bank. HCMC, July 16, 2016.
- Institute of Public Policy (2015) "Public Debt of the story of debt in Vietnam," co-organized by Fulbright Economics Teaching Program (FETP) and Institute of Public Policy (IPP), University of Economics, HCMC. December 23rd, 2016.
- IPP (2014) "How to get rid of bad debt quagmire? From international experience to Vietnam and the case of VAMC," co-organized by FETP and (IPP), University of Economics, HCMC. Presentation Paper. October 21, 2014. HCMC, Vietnam.
- IPP (2014) "Spontaneous versus Planned Urban Development and Quality of Life: The Case of Ho Chi Minh City," co-organized by FETP and IPP (University of Economics, HCMC). October 7, 2014. HCMC, Vietnam.