Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to graduate from a specific major to apply?
No. Since MPP is a multi-disciplinary program, university graduates from any discipline can apply to the program. Read more information in Application Eligibility.
I am not working for public sectors. Am I still eligible for the MPP program?
Yes. The Fulbright School welcomes all applicants irrespective of their regions, workplace (public, private or civil services) as long as they meet the Application Eligibility.
Are some applicants prioritized during admission?
Following applicants are priorities of the school in some extent during admission:
- Public sector officials, particularly civil servants at provincial, municipal and regional government levels.
- Applicants working or coming from remote areas or from ethnicity groups.
- Female applicants.
Can unsuccessful applicants in previous years reapply for this intake?
Yes. Eligible applicants in accordance with Application Eligibility can reapply into this intake.
Under what circumstances do applicants have to pass pre-requisites subjects before applying?
Applicants have to complete pre-requisites courses as required by Ministry of Education and Training if failing to meet 01 of following conditions: (i) do not graduate from an economics/management major; or (ii) haven't finished the preparatory courses for applying into economics graduate programs of other universities. Please contact Admission Team for more information on specific cases.
How can it be determined whether the pre-requisites subjects have been fulfilled?
To determine if the pre-requisites subjects have been met, applicants are required to send Transcript of their degree programs (College, Undergraduate, Graduate) to the Admission Team for more information on specifics cases.
Is approval for interview round possible even if the submitted application does not meet the pre-requisites subjects?
Candidates with applications lacking the pre-requisites subjects may still be considered for the interview round if they successfully pass the screening round. However, successful candidates must subsequently provide additional evidence of completing the preparatory courses as part of their admission documentation.
In the missing of a diploma, which alternative documents can the candidate submit?
Throughout the application procedure, applicants have the option to provide a provisional University Graduation Certificate. However, it is essential for them to provide an official University Graduation Certificate at some point during their enrollment at the School.
Can applicants apply for 2 concentrations (Policy Analysis and Leadership & Management) in one application form?
No. Applicants must choose between two concentrations Policy Analysis and Leadership & Management to submit their application form. In case applicants want to change their concentration before the due application deadline, please contact Academic Affairs Office for further instructions.
Are application forms available in hardcopies so that I can fill in and submit directly to the School?
No. Application forms can only be submitted in soft copies via the online portal. Applicants access the link and complete instructed steps. It is advisable that applicants open their accounts early on the portal to know required documents and better prepare for the process. The School will not accept application forms submitted directly or by post.
Applicants can submit their online registration at https://fsppm.fulbright.edu.vn/apply/
How important is the personal essay in the application package?
The essay is an essential part of the application package and counted as an assessment test. The essay helps Admission Board understand your motivation in joining MPP Program and evaluate students' aspirations and prospects to contribute to the society after their completion of the program. Applicant can choose either English or Vietnamese for personal essay.
After uploading scanned copies of academic records onto the online portal, is it required to send notarized hard copies to the School?
No. Notarized copies are not necessary during the application process. To complete application package, only scanned copies uploaded to the online portal are required. Notarized copies must be submitted by successful candidates before joining the program.
On what criteria should candidates base to select appropriate references as required by admission board?
References nominated in candidates' application package should be ones who truly understand the candidate, particularly in career prospects, learning capacity, leadership and management competence. References can be your professors, colleagues, and/or supervisors at work. References should not be candidates' relatives or friends.
When will the application close?
Early Action: Application deadline is on 23:59, 25/02/2024.
When and where does the interview take place?
- The two interview sessions will be administered to students on 09/03/2024.
- Avenue: All candidates from HCMC and Ha Noi will atttend offline format (the locations will be announced later accompanied with interview invitation letters). Other candidates will have flexibility to choose interview format (online via ZOOM or offline in the two cities mentioned).
What English certificates are eligible?
Bachelor's degree or master's degree in English language or Bachelor's or master's degree granted by an English-speaking institution (no interpretation), following English certificates will be accepted for applicants on the condition that certificates are valid (dated within 2 years from application date):
- Doulingo English Test score at least 90; IELST score of at least 5.5; iBT TOELF of at least 61; TOEIC (4 skills): Listenning at least 275 - Reading at least 275 - Speaking at least 120 - Writing at least 120; or
- B2 English certificates issued by these institutions: University of Languages and International Studies – Vietnam National University Hanoi; Da Nang University of Foreign Languages; Hue University – University of Foreign Languages; Ho Chi Minh City University of Education; Hanoi University of Pedagogy; Ha Noi University; Thai Nguyen University; Can Tho University; Vinh University; People's Security Academy; Saigon University; Banking University Ho Chi Minh City; Tra Vinh University; Van Lang University; Quy Nhon University; Tay Nguyen University; Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City; Academy of Journalism and Communication; HCMC University of Food Industry; Military Science Academy; Trade University; Military Science Academy; University of Economics and Finance; University of Social Science and Humanities - VNUHCM; People's Police Academy; Hanoi University of Science and Technology; Nam Can Tho University, Foreign Trade University; or
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in English language; or
- Bachelor's or master's degree granted by an English-speaking institution (no interpretation).
What are exam schedules for these English certificates?
1. Test center: IDP
- Test date, application deadline, and test venue (*): https://www.idp.com/vietnam/ielts/offsite-test-dates/#3
- At HCMC: 161 Hai Ba Trung, Vo Thi Sau Ward, District 3, HCMC
- At Hanoi: 15 - 17 Ngoc Khanh, Giang Vo, Ba Dinh, Ha Noi
- At Da Nang: No 10 Ngo Gia Tu, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- At Can Tho: Building Hoa Binh, Floor 6, no. 14-16B, Hoa Binh, Ninh Kieu, Can Tho
- Hotline: 1900 6955
- Weblink: https://www.idp.com
2. Test Center: British Council
- Test date, application deadline, and test venue (*): https://www.britishcouncil.vn/thi/ielts/le-phi-dia-diem
- At HCMC: Level 1, Viettel Building, 285 Cach Mang Thang Tam, Ward 12, District 10. Tel: 1800 1299
- At Hanoi: No 20 Thuy Khe, Tay Ho, Hanoi.
- Tel: 1800 1299
- Weblink: https://www.britishcouncil.vn
1. Test center: IIG Vietnam
- Test date (*): https://iigvietnam.com/lich-thi/
- At HCMC: Floor 1, Tower 1, Building The Sun Avenue, No 28 Mai Chi Tho, An Phu, Thu Duc City, HCMC. Tel: 1900 636 929
- At Da Nang: No 19 Hoang Van Thu, Hai Chau District, Da Nang. Tel: 1900 636 929
- At Hanoi: Floor 3, Trung Yen Plaza, No. 1, Trung Hoa, Cau Giay, Ha Noi. Tel: 1900 636 929
- Weblink: https://www.iigvietnam.com
1. Test center: HCMC University of Education
- Test date (*): not updated, contact the university for more information.
- Contact: Cabinet B. 601-602, No 280 An Duong Vuong, D5, HCMC. Tel: 028 383 55084. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Weblink: https://cet.hcmue.edu.vn
2. Test center: University of Foreign Language Studies - The University of Da Nang
- Test date (*): not updated, contact the university for more information.
- Contact: No 131 Luong Nhu Hoc, Khue Trung Ward, Cam Le District, Da Nang. Tel: 0236 3699 335. Weblink: http://ufl.udn.vn/vie/
3. Test center: University of Foreign Languages - Hue University
- Test date (*): https://flpac.huflis.edu.vn/cc/ky-thi
- Contact: No 57 Nguyen Khoa Chiem, Hue. Tel: 0234.3686822 - 0234.3817300. Email: email@example.com. Weblink: https://flpac.huflis.edu.vn/cc/
4. Test center: University of Languages and International Studies – Vietnam National University Hanoi
- Test date (*): please update with the test center
- Contact: Center for Educational Testing – University of Languages and International Studies – VNU Hanoi, Floor 6, Building A1. Tel: 024 626 01376. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Weblink: http://vstep.vnu.edu.vn
5. Test Center: Ha Noi University
- Test date (*): https://tec.hanu.vn/dangkythi
- Contact: Test Center, Room 101, Level 1, A1 Building, Hanoi University, Km 9, Nguyen Trai, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi. Tel: 0962.494.215. Email: email@example.com. Weblink: https://tec.hanu.vn/
6. Test center: Ha Noi University of Education
- Test date (*): Contact the university for more information
- Contact: Center for Quality Assurance, Ha Noi University of Education, 136 Xuan Thuy – Cau Giay – Ha Noi. Tel: 024 3754 7823. Ext: 5. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Weblink: https://hnue.edu.vn/Thi-danh-gia-nang-luc-ngoai-ngu
7. Test center: Thai Nguyen University
- Test date (*): Tổ chức thi – CTEQ (tnu.edu.vn)
- Contact: Center for Educational Testing and Quality Assurance – Thai Nguyen University. Cabinet 305, Building T1 – Thai Nguyen University, Tan Thinh Ward, Thai Nguyen City, Thai Nguyen Province. Tel: 0208 3646 929/0977.52.9996 (Ms. Trang). Email: email@example.com. Weblink: http://trungtamkhaothi.tnu.edu.vn
8. Test center: Can Tho University
- Test date (*): https://cfla.ctu.edu.vn/lich-thi
- Contact: Center for Foreign Language Assessment. Floor 6, Management Building, Block II, 3/2 Street, Xuan Khanh Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho. Tel: (0292) 3872295. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Weblink: https://cfla.ctu.edu.vn
How can applicants prepare for the interview?
The interview help us clarify and understand information stated in the application form. On the other hand, in the interview, applicants can demonstrate their competencies and discuss with Admission Board their career orientations. The interview is conducted in Vietnamese and English.
What differ MPP Program (Policy Analysis concentration) and MPP Program (Leadership & Management concentration)?
MPP Program (Policy Analysis) MPP Program (Leadership & Management) Goal Academic and research-oriented program focusing on policy planning and policy analysis Practical program focusing on developing learners' leadership and management skills Target students A bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized institution
No working experience requirement applied to candidates holding a good bachelor's degree above. Other candidates will be required at least 2 years of full-time working exprience.
A bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized institution
At least 5 years' work experience
Number of credits 70 60 Core courses
Introduction to public policy
Quantitative methods 1
Quantitative methods 2
Public sector Economics
Introduction to public policy
Statistics and date analysis
Leadership in the public sector
Budgeting and financial management
Fulbright School, Phu My Hung Campus
Fulbright School, Phu My Hung Campus Training mode Full-time during 15 months (full-time in 9 months and part-time in 6 months) Part-time during 18 months Language instruction The program is taught in Vietnamese and English The program is taught in Vietnamese and English
Can students both attend the MPP Program and work full-time?
Policy Analysis is a full-time program for 15 months (full-time in 9 months and part-time in 6 months). Classes will be delivered from Monday to Friday, from 8:30 to 11:45 am for morning sessions and 13:30 to 16:45 pm for afternoon sessions. Some courses are offered for both concentrations, classes will be 8:30 to 11:45 a.m. and 13:30 to 16:45 p.m. Given the schedule and heavy workload, tremendous efforts and attention are expected from students, making a full-time job impossible. Students may be asked to leave the program if found working in a full-time job or attending a different full-time program.
Leadership & Management is a part-time program for 18 months. Students can attend the program and work at their full-time job at the same time. Classes will be arranged every 6 to eight weeks for 9 days, from Saturday of one week to Sunday of next week, starting from 8:30 to 11:45 am in the morning and 13:30 to 16:45 pm in the afternoon.
Scholarship & Tuition
If I am accepted into MPP-PA program, how much am I expected to pay for the tuition?
- 100% scholarship (equivalent to VND525 million) are granted to students in group 1 (officials from public sector management; university lecturers; offcials from public organizations, universities, and research institutions).
- 50% scholarship (equivalent to VND262,5 million) are granted to students in group 2 (Managers and executives from enterprises (including SOEs); NGOs/NPOs; social organizations; press and news agencies; lecturers and officials from private or international universities and institutes; and fresh graduates). Students in group 2 will pay tuition fee equivalent to VND 262,5 million.
The scholarship is exclusive of lodging, materials, extracurricular activities, on-campus services and personal expenses.
If I am accepted into MPP-LM program, how much am I expected to pay for the tuition?
Partial scholarship (equivalent to 40% of tuition fees) are granted to students in MPP-LM program. Students must pay the remaining 60% of the tuition (equivalent to VND 270 million/student). The scholarship is exclusive of lodging, materials, extracurricular activities, on-campus services and personal expenses.
What is the payment schedule of MPP program?
The payable amount for MPP program depends on the number of credits taken in one semester (on average 16 - 24 credits/semester).
Can students in MPP apply for financial aid?
Excellent candidates with financial constraints, from public sector or remote areas, or be female candidates can apply and will be considered for financial aid (Varies between 15% and 75% of the remaining tuition fee after subtracting the scholarship.)
If I am accepted into the Program this year but can't manage to attend the program, can I preserve my results and attend next year's intake?
No. Preservation policies for such cases are not yet implemented at the school. If candidates can't arrange to attend this year's cohort, they will be excluded from shortlisted candidates. When candidates can arrange their schedule and wish to join the MPP Program, they must reapply and go through application steps as new candidates.
Does the School provide accommodation for students residing outside HCMC?
Fulbright School provides students with suggestions for accommodation during their time in the program. Students must contact and arrange their accommodations directly based on their personal circumstances.
In case of any queries concerning application package or program information, who should be contacted?
Candidates can contact Academic Affairs Office for further support:
- Email: email@example.com
- Hotline: (+84) 91 33 55 911
Do you have any additional questions?