Prof. Pham Duy Nghia
Lecturer, Law and Public Policy, and Public Governance
Professor Pham Duy Nghia graduated at Leipzig University (Germany). At FETP he teaches Law and Public Governance, Public Policy and Research Methods of Public Policy. He has published a number of text books and journal articles on legal and governance issues. His recent research focuses on good governance, including perspectives how to enhance the people’s participation in policy making and to enhance the efficiency, transparency and accountability of government. Pham Duy Nghia is a frequent commentator inleading newspaper and media in Vietnam. The areas concerned include protection of basic citizen’s right, voice and accountability in public governance, regulatory quality, rule of law and acess to justice. He is a member is Professional Associations Vietnam International Arbitration Center (VIAC/VCCI), Vietnam Lawyers Association (VLA).
- Law and Public Policy
- Public Governance
- Institutional Reform in Vietnam, Public Participation, Legislative and Judicial Refor
- Pham Duy Nghia, Company Law: Case and Commentaries (Textbook forundergraduate program), VNU Publishers (NXB Dai hoc Quoc gia HN), 2006(Vietnamese), second edition published in 2009, third edition (2012)
- Pham Duy Nghia, Confucianism and the Law in Vietnam, Tu-Phap Publishers,Hanoi, April 2004, 200 pages, (Vietnamese)
- Pham Duy Nghia, Economic Law: Textbook for Postgraduated Program, HanoiNational University Press, 912 pages, Hanoi, April 2004 (Vietnamese)
- Pham Duy Nghia, The Development of economic legal framework in Vietnam sincethe Asian crises, The National Politics Publishers, Hanoi, March , Japanese-Vietnamese
- Pham Duy Nghia, Vietnamese Business Law in Transition, (English); The “TheGioi” Publishers, Hanoi, , 415 pages, (Vietnamese)
- Pham Duy Nghia, Essentials of Vietnam's Business Law, (English); The “TheGioi” Publishers”, Hanoi, January , 178 pages (supported by the SchmidtFoundation, Freehills and Page and the German Embassy in Hanoi), English
Chapters in books:
- Pham Duy Nghia, Confucianism and the Concept of Law in Vietnam, in J. Gillespieand P Nelson, Socialist Transformation in China and Vietnam, Melborne UniversityPress, 2005
- Pham Duy Nghia, Transplanted Law - An Ideological and Cultural Analysis ofIndustrial Property Law in Vietnam, in Christopher Heath, Christoph Antons &Michael Blakeney, Intellectual Property Harmonisation within ASEAN and APEC,MAX PLANCK SERIES ON ASIAN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW 10,Aspen Publishers, 2004, [ISBN: 9041122923]
- Pham Duy Nghia, Exhaustion and Parallel Imports in Vietnam, in ChristopherHeath (ed), Parallel Imports in Asia, Kluwer Law International, The Hague,London, New York, 2004 [ISBN 90-411-2114-5]
- Pham Duy Nghia, Technology Transfer Rules in Vietnam, in: Christopher Healthand Kung Chung Liu (eds), Technology Transfer Rules in Asia, Kluwer LawInternational, October  [ISBN 90-411-9830-0]
- Pham Duy Nghia (ed), Understanding US Law in the context of Vietnam’s regionaland international economic integration, (Vietnamese); The National PoliticsPublishers, Hanoi, August  (383 pages).
- Pham Duy Nghia, Revising the Land Law: Creating Equity for Farmers, VietnamLaw & legal Forum, Vol 17 (196) December 2010, pp 04-08 Das neue Wettbewerbsgesetz in Vietnam: Wirtschaftspolitische Hintergründe,Entwicklung und Probleme [The new Competition Law in Vietnam: Background,Development and Issues], WuW, September 2005, pp 704-714
- Pham Duy Nghia, Commercial Legal Framework in Vietnam since the Asian Crisis:Development and Issues, International Business Lawyer, Vol 32, No 4, August,2004, pp. 175-181 Neue Unternehmensgesetz in Vietnam: Entwicklung, reformfreundliche Bestimmungen und Probleme, Recht der Internationalen Wirtschaft, Heidelberg,, Nr. 12, pp. 912 -917.
Academic Conferences & Workshops
- Legislative and Judicial Reform, Institutional Reform, Land Law, Property Law, Public Governance, Local Governance, Participative Democracy, Confucian Tradition in Public Administration