Lecture 01: Global Financial System and the Role of Finance in Economic Growth and Development (Que Giang)
1. World Bank (2001), Finance for Growth: Policy Choices in a Volatile World. Chapter 1: "Making Finance Effective", pp. 31-44
2. "International Institutions", HBS case 9-796-116, February 13, 1996 & FETP cập nhật 2013
1. P. K. Rao (2003), Development Finance, Chapter 1&2
Lecture 2: Financial System in Vietnam (A. Tuan)
1. Huynh The Du, Nguyen Minh Kieu (2005), Vietnam Financial System
2. SBV (2011), "Overview of Credit Institutions in Vietnam"
Case study 1: Capital Access by Vietnamese businesses (H. T. Du)
Mr. Nam's Dilemma, KSG case study
Paper 1 due
1. Understanding the structure of the financial system and the role of financial development in economic growth and development.
2. Applying economic theories to the analysis of the financial system (instruments, markets, institutions, and infrastructure).
3. Analyzing the role of the government in financial development, and examining the requirements and challenges in creating a market-oriented and well-functioning financial system.