Lecture 1. Course overview
* Course expectation
* Course introduction
* Course requirement
Lecture 2. Challenges in leadership
* Heifetz, R., (1994). Leadership Without Easy Answers, Chapter 2: To lead or mislead.
* Williams, D. (2005). Real Leadership, Chapter 2: Diagnosis: Determine principal challenge.
Leadership, authority, and power
* Heifetz, R., (1994). Leadership Without Easy Answers, Chapter 3: The roots of autonomy.
* Barnard, The Functions of the Executive, pp. 215-234.
* Milgram, S. (1974). The Dilemma of Obedience in Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View, pp.1-12.
After completing this course, students will be better able to:
* Recognize important concepts in leadership and the development of leadership theory
* Identify leadership challenges
* Develop leadership capabilities, including:
2. Leading change
3. Effective decision making
4. Managing conflict
6. Leading in crisis time.