Lecture 1. Introduction
- Overall introduction
- Course requirements
1. Daron Acemoglu, What makes a country rich? MIT (2009)
2. Tony Bovaird & Elke Löffler, Chapter 1
Lecture 2. Concept of Public Governance
- Public Governance vs. State Management
- The Cores of Public Governance
- Introduction of WGI, PAPI, and Justice Index
1. Tony Bovaird & Elke Löffler, Chapter 13, 15.
This is a compulsory course of the MPP which lasts for ½ semester in 18 sessions, including 14 lectures and 4 sessions for presentation and discussion of students’ report assignment. Each lecture consists of two teaching units, each of which is 45 minutes. In addition, students are required to read materials for each lecture, search for a topic of the report assignment and do research under instruction of the teaching team (it is expected to read about 50 pages on average for each lecture).