1. Introduction to Policy Analysis (Xuan Thanh)
a. What is policy analysis?
b. Process of doing policy analysisc
c. Thesis guide discussion and clarification
1. Dunn, Chapter 1: The Process of Policy Analysis*Weimer and Vining, Chapter 2: What is Policy Analysis?* FETP, “Thesis Guide”
2. Weimer and Vining, Chapter 2: What is Policy Analysis?
3. FETP, “Thesis Guide”
a. How economists think about methodology
b. Macroeconomic policy researchc
c. Development policy research
1. Nola Reinhardt (2008) “The Conundrum of Low Saving Rates in Latin America,” Development Policy Review, 26:6, 727-744.
1. Deborah Fahy Bryceson, Annabel Bradbury and Trevor Bradbury (2008) “Roads to Poverty Reduction? Exploring Rural Roads’ Impact on Mobility in Africa and Asia,”
2. Development Policy Review, 2008, 26:4, 459-482.
3. Kevin D Hoover (2004) The Methodology of Empirical Macroeconomics, Cambridge University Press, Chapter 5 “Pragmatism, Realism and the Practice of Macroeconomics.”
4. Nanak Kakwani, Fabio Soares and Hyun H. Son (2006) “Cash Transfers for School-Age Children in African Countries: Simulation of Impacts on Poverty and School Attendance,” Development Policy Review, 24:5, 553-569.